CONNECTING DOTS SEMINAR SERIES DESCRIPTION:
The cornerstone of The Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation, Inc. is a unique film series of learning seminars entitled CONNECTING DOTS.
It’s complicated! It only takes a moment to make a false or potentially fatal step. It takes a lifetime to manage a chronic mental health issue. Research demonstrates that understanding mental illness is strengthened by studying a vast array of diagnoses in building block sequence. Our CONNECTING DOTS seminar series explore a variety of mental health conditions, illustrate how they overlap and are often intricately intertwined. Learning is enhanced through accurate and compassionate depictions in film, resource-rich take-home materials and open discussion. Healthy refreshments (catered by Fountain House) are served. Seating is limited. Registration is required.
The goals of each series are to:
- Heighten understanding of a wide range of mental health disorders.
- Facilitate early detection through recognition of warning signs, symptoms and behaviors.
- Discuss viable, effective, current treatment options, including healthy life style choices.
- Entertain strategies to build supports and overcome barriers to compassionate, connected care.
- Explore the inter-connectedness of mental health conditions.
CONNECTING DOTS seminars are for anyone and everyone impacted by mental health issues (e.g. caregivers, family members, professionals and individuals living with mental health concerns). Whether you’ve been immersed in the world of mental health for minutes or the millennium, CONNECTING DOTS has something to offer.
In 2018 we will host three entirely different versions of our CONNECTING DOTS series:
- CONNECTING DOTS: womb to tomb. Mental health through the developmental stages (5-parts for 15 live-in-person NY SED approved CEs);
- CONNECTING DOTS TOO: focus on children, adolescents & families (4-parts for 12 live-in-person NY SED approved CEs), and
- our ALL NEW CONNECTING DOTS: the Enchanted Series. Mental Health Conditions in Animated Film (4-parts for 12 live-in-person NY SED approved CEs).
Each series is distinct and unique. Any combination can be taken for different NY State approved Continuing Education credits (CEs).
All seminars are facilitated by approved provider Julie Ridge, LCSW-R, under the auspices of the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation, Inc. Ridge is a clinical social worker and master trainer with over 25 years experience teaching parents, professionals and adolescents. She maintains a private practice in NYC. Ridge is the founder and President of the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation, Inc., dedicated to the loving memory of her father Frank Ridge. Frank Ridge lived a full, rich, adventurous 90 years with major depressive disorder.
Seminars hosted by the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation are all wheelchair accessible. Costs for our seminars are kept low in an effort to provide high quality learning at an affordable price.
*The Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education credits (CEs) for all NY licensed Social Workers (#0096), Mental Health Counselors (#0010), Marriage & Family Therapist (#0014) and Psychoanalysts (#P-0018). All seminars listed on our menu are approved for State CEs. For more information about Continuing Education credits and requirements, go to the New York State Office of the Profession’s website: www.op.nysed.gov/prof/. Click on Continuing Education on the left for more information.