CONNECTING DOTS FILM SEMINAR SERIES DESCRIPTIONS:
The cornerstone of The Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation, Inc. are unique film seminar series entitled CONNECTING DOTS.
It only takes a moment to make a false or potentially fatal step. It takes a lifetime to manage chronic mental illnesses. Research demonstrates that understanding mental illness is strengthened by studying an array of diagnoses in building block, neurodevelopmental sequence. Our CONNECTING DOTS series explore a variety of mental health conditions, illustrate how they overlap and are often intricately intertwined. Learning is enhanced through accurate and compassionate depictions in film, resource-rich take-home materials and open discussion. Healthy refreshments are served. Seating is limited. Registration is required. Each CONNECTING DOTS series runs 4 consecutive Saturdays and earns 14 live-in-person NY SED approved CEs for NY licensed SWs, MHCs, MFTs, LPs and LCATs.
The goals of each film series are to:
- Heighten understanding of a multitude of mental health disorders.
- Facilitate early detection through recognition of warning signs, symptoms and behaviors.
- Discuss viable, effective, current treatment options, including healthy life style choices.
- Entertain strategies to build supports and overcome barriers to compassionate, connected care.
- Explore the complex inter-connectedness of mental health conditions.
CONNECTING DOTS film seminar series are for anyone and everyone impacted by mental health issues (e.g. caregivers, family members, professionals and individuals living with mental health concerns). Whether you’ve been immersed in the world of mental health for minutes or the millennium, our CONNECTING DOTS series have something to offer. NOTE: all parts of each CONNECTING DOTS series must be taken for CE credits.
We have one more CONNECTING DOTS series remaining in 2018:
- CONNECTING DOTS: the global series. ALL NEW! 4 consecutive Saturdays, October 13 – November 3, 2018, 1:00 – 4:30 pm. This series provides a tour of mental health care challenges around the world. This 4-part film series is worth 14 live-in-person NY SED approved CEs for SWs, MHCs, MFTs, LPs and CATs. Cost: $300 for the 4-part series. REGISTRATION is NOW OPEN online.
In 2019 we will host 3 unique CONNECTING DOTS seminar series. Our 2019 CONNECTING DOTS calendar:
- CONNECTING DOTS: womb to tomb – mental health through the lifespan. Saturdays Feb 23, March 2, 9, & 16, 2019. This 4-part film series is worth 14 live-in-person NY SED approved CEs SWs, MHCs, MFTs, LPs and CATs. Cost: $300 for the 4-part series.
- CONNECTING DOTS: the enchanted series – a myriad of mental health conditions as explored in animated film. Saturdays June 1, 8, 15 & 22, 2019. This 4-part film series features claymation, water color and graphic novel illustrations (no Disney). Series is worth 14 live-in-person NY SED approved CEs SWs, MHCs, MFTs, LPs and CATs. Cost: $300 for the 4-part series.
- CONNECTING DOTS: the global series. Saturdays Oct 19, 28, Nov 2 & 9, 2019. Series is worth 14 live-in-person NY SED approved CEs SWs, MHCs, MFTs, LPs and CATs. Cost: $300 for the 4-part series.
Each series is unique. Any combination can be taken for different NY State approved Continuing Education credits (CEs). The State imposes no limit on how many CEs you can obtain from any one provider.
All seminars are facilitated by approved provider Julie Ridge, LCSW-R, under the auspices of the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation, Inc. Ridge is a clinical social worker and master trainer with over 25 years experience teaching parents, professionals and adolescents. She maintains a private practice in NYC. Ridge is the founder and President of the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation, Inc., dedicated to the loving memory of her father Frank Ridge. Frank Ridge lived a full, rich, adventurous 90 years with major depressive disorder.
All events and seminars hosted by the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation are all wheelchair accessible. Costs for our seminars are kept low in an effort to provide high quality learning at an affordable price.
*The Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education credits (CEs) for all NY licensed Social Workers (#SW-0096), Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0010), Marriage & Family Therapist (#MFT-0014), Psychoanalysts (#P-0018) and Creative Arts Therapists (#CAT-0065). All seminars listed on our menu are approved for State CEs. For more information about Continuing Education credits and requirements, go to the New York State Office of the Profession’s website: www.op.nysed.gov/prof/. Click on Continuing Education on the left for more information.