Established in December, 2013, the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation is dedicated to living well with mental health conditions through awareness and understanding. The Foundation strives to accomplish this mission by:
- Delivering individual learning seminars and seminar series entitled CONNECTING DOTS. Through film, open conversation and supportive take-home materials, our seminars explore the complex world of mental health diagnoses. As a NY State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners approved provider of continuing education credits (for social workers, mental health counselors, marriage & family therapists and psychoanalysts), we keep our costs low in an effort to offer high quality learning seminars at affordable prices.
- Presenting our free half day Annual Learning Symposium – our topic for our September 17th, 2017 Symposium is “Finding the Right Mental Health Professional.”
- Offering meaningful part-time employment opportunities for individuals managing mental health issues.
- Providing opportunities for people with disabilities and mental health concerns to share and sell their art (e.g. photography, painting, drawing, music, film).
- Maintaining an up-to-date, user-friendly, resource-rich website which includes: recommendations for literature and films that compassionately portray mental health conditions; recommendations for accurate, up-to-date web sites; and reliable hotline numbers for those at risk of suicide.
The Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public corporation. We rely on your support to continue our work. All of our events and seminars are catered by Fountain House.